Saturday, July 17, 2010

Feeling Better

Today I feel much better... I just get overwhelmed sometimes, but I have to remember that it's not the end of the world, and It could ALWAYS be worse!
Yeah the dryer is screwed, BUT it's temporary(hopefully) and at least the washer works!
Yeah we have fleas, BUT it's temporary and at least they are only in the basement!
Yeah I have to bring Ray to work, BUT at least he has a job!
Yeah I am sick of this place BUT at least we aren't out on the streets!
Yeah my Mom's a pot head, BUT at least... she's not on crack?  Yeah! LOL
Yeah I've gained some weight back, BUT I've still lost over 35 pounds!!!
Life isn't that bad :)

The fast food HAS TO STOP. Tessa challenged me to a week with NO fast food. I accept the challenge! (starting tomorrow cause I already ruined that today)

We got Papa Murphy's and it was very good. A great last meal lol. I have to admit, after how I've been feeling I was ready to just binge and start over tomorrow. Especially since the rest of the day wasn't to great as far as eating. I bought chocolate chip cookies that I have been craving too. BUT once I started eating dinner, I got full and didn't go TO over board. Of course it could have been better... but it could have been worse. I realized that going on a binge on purpose would NOT make me feel better, so I got a hold of myself before it was to late. That means there is a lot of left overs for the fridge...

What I ate today:
Breakfast @about 6am: (300) 1 slice of pizza
Snack @about 6:45am: (245) bowl of Corn Chex/Capn Crunch w ff skim milk (...I don't know why. There was only a tiny bit of the Capn Crunch left so I put it with the other...)
Drink @about 1pm: (67) 1/3 bottle iced coffee
Snack @about 7pm: (410) 4 choc chip cookies, 1 cup ff skim milk
Dinner @about 8pm: (990) Papa Murphy's- 1 medium slice garlic chicken pizza, 1 medium slice pepperoni, 2 large slices of BBQ chicken 'DeLITE', 8 oz mtn Dew
Drink @about 10pm: (83) 6 oz mtn dew
Snack @about midnight: (410) 4 more cookies and 1 cup skim milk... *cringe*
Total Water: 40 oz
Total Calories: 2049 (from 2095) I didn't eat the crust on ANY of the 4 slices of pizza for dinner. I took off 15 for 2, and 8 for the 2 DeLITEs... not sure how accurate that is... but not eating the crust has to save me SOME calories right? lol. Anyone???

The DeLITE bbq chicken pizza is very good. It has thinner crust and is only 180 calories per large slice. A VERY nice surprise! Papa Murphy's has a great online nutrition fact sheet that I downloaded so I have it :) If I DO have any leftovers tomorrow, it will be ONLY that... hopefully that's cool. Since it's better AND I won't actually be getting fast food...lol. But that's it! No more fast food after that, for a week! (hopefully longer)
And NO MORE POP. Starting NOW.AND I will try very hard not to eat early in the morning when I get home from dropping Ray. If I do have to have something, it will be something healthy. Water and a little fruit. Or yogurt. I'll do my very best!

I still feel great. I have about 45 minutes till I am to watch Saturday Night Live with my guys. I think I'll get off the computer and do some more dishes :)
Have a great night!
*Man, I did NOT want to come back and add those cookies!!!! But I'm nothing if not honest...

6 comments:

  1. Good attitude Tina and thank you for accepting my challenge. They say it takes 21 days to develop a habit and a lifetime to break it. So for us that means little or no fast food ever if we want to break the habit. You are so right in that we should count our blessings instead of looking at things in a negative light. All our problems have a solution we just have to go looking for them. Sometimes they are right under our noses and we can't see them for looking. For me routine is the answer to a lot things. Once I get into one things always go a lot smoother for me. If I don't stick to it then everything goes "poof" and my life becomes unmanagable. You go girl!!!!! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Besides how unhealthy eating out is - believe me you have to look long and hard for a good meal we all know - think of the money you could save. At the rate that you and Ray eat out you could save enough in two weeks to buy a dryer off of Craigslist if you needed to - we did and as I told you it works great! 3 weeks of not eating out and you could darn near buy a new one.

    I think it is great that you didn't eat the crust - but it is still 4 pieces of pizza - which is a lot of calories anyway [and I do think you ought to shave a bit more calories off on the crust :)] but imagine the healthier foods you could eat in lieu of pizza if you were at home. And I am a penny pincher too - but we still manage to eat even healthier since I had to cut out the sodium. Well until Pooldad bought the turkey and oysters yesterday :)

    I think not eating out is an excellent challenge - not only for the calories, but for the money!!

    SO happy you are feeling better. You have a great attitude in your restart - keep it going!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want to shave off more calories, why not ONLY eat the crusts? :p But seriously, it's the fatty meats and dairy on top of the pizza that you need to worry about.

    Good luck with your challenge. It's tough (I know, with all the KFC I have eaten, I should be a shareholder), but you can do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, No fast food will be good for me and my bank balance (or credit card balance OUCH)! I really love that bbq, and at 180 calories maybe I could reward myself with some if I go a LONG time with no fast food... lol... can you tell I'm addicted? already thinking of my next fix... ah...
    lol anyway. Thanks for all of your comments :)
    Thanks for stopping by Mark! I know you're right about the pizza, but every little bit helps right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So....how have you done???? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So far so good!!!! It's only Tuesday, but I'm not even craving fast food :) I hope that lasts!!!!
    ~TinaM

    ReplyDelete