Thursday, July 29, 2010

Phone Call from Mom

NOTE: That's all this is, an explanation of the phone call from my Mom last night. Will be back in 5 minutes with your normally scheduled program :) Feel free to skip this if you don't care about my mama drama LOL!

WELL, last night I mentioned my Mom called... to tell me it was my little brother's birthday! At 9pm! I feel like crap because I forgot, I remembered all last week and then completely forgot!!! But we all try and remind each other when it's one of our birthdays, just to make sure. I'm surprised no one called me... But still it's my own fault.

The thing is, I was expecting my Mom to have a cook out and just knew we'd be going over there for it. I guess I was relying on that for a reminder also. But she didn't. I asked why and she said "I don't know." But I think about it, and she did have on last year and it was a disaster. We almost left. She was all stressed out, her and her boyfriend were arguing all day. My brother was in a bad mood because of how she was acting, and then she had the nerve to say to him "All this! All this stress and everything, it's all for YOU." My brother had left the room at that point and I let her have it. I told her what a messed up thing that was to say to him after how she's been acting all day.
The year before she didn't do anything for him either... But you see, EVERY YEAR she has a cookout for HER birthday. SOOOOO without any more rambling or ranting about how selfish she is, here's the facts: My LITTLE brother lets my mom, our stepdad (her boyfriend), and another brother live with him. My mother has herself a big cookout EVERY year at HIS house and gets her birthday money and has a good ole time. But when HIS birthday comes around, she couldn't care less. That's all I have to say about that.

So I ran to the store and got some scratch off tickets and drew/wrote on an envelope for him as a card. He came by after he got out of work at 10. He stayed till 1:30 in the morning lol. Even though no one made a big deal of his birthday, he said it was good. So I felt better. I am not letting my annoyance with her ruin my mood or my new desire to get back to loosing the weight and getting healthy! 

BUT I think next summer when she starts talking about HER birthday cookout, I'll just let her know "If you aren't going to have the energy or desire to do anything for your son's birthday, maybe you should skip your party this year."

No comments:

Post a Comment