Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Menu (insert scream here)

First I have 2 new 'followers' to welcome! Nicole CoWallis and notofthisworld, a big THANK YOU for joining me in my day!

We are having storms here. Not TO bad yet, but it's supposed to get worse. We have 5 hours left till the tornado watch is over. We have had I think about 20 tornadoes here in Michigan this year, compared to 3 last year. WIERD. So anyway, I am going to make this quick and turn the computer off.

Here's my menu for the last few days.
TUESDAY
1pm Lunch: Tuna Sandwich, pickle spear, baby carrots
1:40 pm Snack: 1 werther's hard candy
2pm drink: 1/2 bottle iced coffee
2:46 pm Snack: 1 Werther's hard candy
6pm Dinner: 2 cups Soup (Campbell's Chunky Fajita Chicken w rice and beans) 2 slices whole wheat bread and butter
8 pm Snack: Sundae Nut Cone
10 pm Snack: large bowl of cereal (corn chex + honey bunches of oats) ff skim milk
Total Water: 35 oz
WEDNESDAY:
5:30am Snack: 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
6:15am Breakfast: Cereal
2pm Snack: pop tart and 1/2 bottle of iced coffee
7:30pm Dinner: 1 piece of my 3 cheese & tomato 'lasanga' pasta bake, 1 cheese stick, pop (plus test spoonfulls while making it)
Drink: More Pop :(
2am Snack: piece of lasagna... pop :(
Total Water: 20 oz :(

TODAY:
Noon Lunch: (525) 1 piece of lasagna, water
1:30pm Snack: (280) sundae nut cone
Drink: (200) 9.5 oz bottle of iced coffee
5:46pm Snack: (23) 1 Werther's
6:27pm Dinner?: (149) 1 chicken strip and 1 tbs bbq sauce
8pm 2nd Dinner?: (290) open faced tuna sandwich (1/8 cup mozz, 1 tbs light ranch) on whole wheat, 7 baby carrots, 1 tbs light ranch, water
10:45pm Snack: (23) Werther's
11:00pm Snack: (310) Lg bowl of cereal (corn chex and honey bunches of oats) w ff skim milk
Total Water: 40 oz
Total Calories: 1800
I tried to do well today. I had a plan! MargieM was writing about 'Scan and Plan' yesterday. So today when I got up, before I ate anything, I planned out my day.
WELL as soon as Ray heated up leftover lasagna the smell ruined my plan. BUT I still tried to eat less all day since I knew that probably had a LOT of calories. (and i just added them up lol, not as bad as I thought but still a LOT) I have been having to many sweets lately, have to work on that. The werther's where purchased for that reason- to curb my sweet cravings. I usually don't have that to bad, but I do right now.

Even though it hasn't been great, it is better than last weeks binges. SO I'm hoping for a loss tomorrow. Wish me luck! I'm gonna need it :)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the welcome. I love your blog and how real it is. I am on the weight loss journey with you...so I am routing for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the weight-loss so far. I just stumbled across your blog and was captivated by your daily food breakdown. One suggestion, instead of a pop tart or other high sugar snacks, try a VitaTop. Only 100 calories, very filling, low fat, and packed with vitamins and fiber. And they come in chocolate among other flavors, might be right up your alley. I look forward to reading on. Thanks!

    -Dave
    http://www.vitalicious.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your title made me laugh - and then be sad for you. I know you are trying, otherwise why would you post so honestly?

    I do know how you feel tho' - really - I made fried chicken again last night [so I could get the recipe written down once and for all with pics - your recipes are next :)] but as everyone ate, enjoying all of it - I was eating baked chicken, no skin. It's good, but it ain't no fried chicken, know what I mean? If I could just eat what I wanted to I could put the weight on - but I can't. [Going to confuse a few new readers with THAT statement I am sure :) ] - but same for you - I get it, just in reverse.

    And girl - if you don't cut out the pop I am driving over there and poke holes in all the cans. HA! You need to find a substitute for soda - and like Tessa said - it takes almost a month to break a habit - but please, please, please try to drink something else. Even an iced tea with Splenda and a lemon is better than all that nasty soda. Tea is good for you and there are so many types.

    Okay I will shut up now. :) Just know I love ya - and want what is going to keep you around as my friend for a verrrrrrrrry long time. Got it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you colenic :) That's very important to me, being honest. I figure I won't ever beat this if I'm not honest! Especially with myself!

    Thank you for stopping by Dave! I have never heard of VitaTop, I will definitely check it out. I actually have not had poptarts in the house for a long time. BUT my son wanted them so I got them. Even though they are S'mores, my FAVORITE, I am going to try and stay clear of them!!!

    Oh SkippyMom, I have NO will power compared to you! I would probably resort to chewing the skin and spitting it out to be honest!!! lol... NO more pop for me! You are absolutely right. That was my first rule when I started, and I did so good for so long... don't know what happened, but pop is out!!!
    I love u too SkippyMom :) Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete