Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Spilled Cows

It wasn't even pouring that hard... That's how I feel when I look back at yesterday. I felt so depressed and knew it would take at least a few days to ge out of it, but now I'm fine. Thank you for supporting me... I never really had that before. It's weird! haha :) You all are great.


This morning at about 5:45 breaking news came on the tv, it was scrolling across the bottom of the screen in a red bar. It said a semi had rolled over and it was carrying cattle, and had "spilled the animals all over the highway." yeah, it spilled COWS all over the place. Crazy right? At first I was thinking about the cows and hoping everyone was ok. Then I just wanted to laugh. I know it sounds disturbing lol. But that's when I started pulling out of my depression. There was a video of a female officer trying to corral this cow... lol. I know that the cows must have been scared, especially since it was 3 hours later! But it just looked so funny.

ANYWAY, enough of my craziness.
Yesterday everything that could go wrong, DID. But it still isn't that bad. I'm no worse off today than the day before.
One thing was my step dad (mom's boyfriend) and Mom where supposed to come over and he was to fix the dryer Monday morning. So we didn't go to the lake. They never came never called, then at 5 he showed up. Without her of course. He was complaining about the type of pipe it was and how it was cheap, and how they should ahve used such and such pipe... but wait a minute. HE IS THE ONE THAT DID ALL THAT! Anyway... Once I saw him pulling lint out of the pipe I KNEW that wasn't it. There was hardly anything there! So then we go outside cause it must be the vent thing. Well that is secured to the building and no way to get the screen out... so he cuts around the seal and pulls it off of the building! I will have to call and have maintenece come seal it back up and explain how it got that way... OK fine, whatever it takes. He pulls a little fluff out and again, NOT enough to make my dryer not work, but he said it was, even though I knew it wasn't. But I hoped anyway. He left knowing it would work and- it didn't. So my Mom tells me they will be here the next day (yesterday) and he will look in the back more (why didn't he do that the first time? He is notorious for taking the easiest way out of anything and making it 10 times harder in the end). SOOOO, yesterday she calls me at about 2 saying they would be there after his nap. And she will come because she hasn't seen my son in a while. They never came, and never even called. Today either. I can understand not being able to make it (because of being to busy doing nothing) but they can't even call me? Whatever. So I am just sick of my mom at the moment, both of them...
This is on top of starting the day with no toilet paper, having to run to the store first thing in the morning. Coming home to find out Ray's bank account is over drawn. Directly after Ray tells me this he leaves to go disc golfing. He is gone until 5pm, and does not answer my calls or texts. He finally gets home and I have to hurry and run him to the bank before they close. There is a dent in my hood (probably from piece of shit people here sitting on it). We don't make it to the bank on time. Oh, and after discing Ray had spent 2 hours at my brothers/mom's. Which just pisses me off even more. While he's there my mom never even mentions coming over! Ugh.

But that's not THAT bad, honestly anything that has to do with my mom just pisses me off. I'm so sick of all of it. Her and her boyfriend are just on my last nerve. So anyway, I'm not going to keep begging them to come over, obviously he doesn't want to look at the dryer anymore. And they don't want to see their grandson. So whatever. You would think Ray belonged in the family, and I was the daughter in law. The daughter in law with someone elses kid! Ha! (seriously) I just get tired of being an after thought. No one in my family really cares about me, not really. I'm not just saying that... it's true. And that's on top of me being the black sheep because I don't smoke weed. ugh...I just have to get used to it.

I will have to see if anyone else knows anything about dryers, maybe call a repair man... If it is to expensive maybe check out Craigslist like SkippyMom said :) I just hate to get a dryer when I bought this one BRAND NEW in 2003.

Ignore all this griping, I really am a lot better today. I have to stop concentrating so much on my messed up life and concentrating on the good. AND on loosing weight. The first 4 months I was doing so well! I was loosing steadily and that had me so happy, that I guess I forgot how screwed up my life is lol :) I really do think getting on the treadmill everyday made me feel better too. Gotta get back at it. So I'm going to try to write more about the positive, less about the negative and concentrate on loosing weight! Also to shorten the post up a little lol. (Of course, when I get depressed again, all that will probably be forgotten lol. But hopefully it won't be soon :) Like Tessa said, this is great therapy.)

I got out of the house today (I haven't except to bring ray to and from work) so that helped too. My son and I went to return those library books. The PLAN was to walk them back haha, but it was about 88 degrees and that's to hot to walk that far. Maybe next time :) Bad news is that the library is moving in august, not sure where... but that sucks.
I made my 3 cheese tomato lasagna type stuff lol. And I only had ONE piece :) The first time EVER I only had one. Oh it was a big piece, but it's usually a 2 piece minimum. My eating has been bad otherwise, but tomorrow will be better. (I know, I keep saying that...) I wrote it all down and will type it out for you tomorrow.

I never did go to bed last night. I had a 4 hour nap today, and am getting tired. Ray has tonight off so I'm not sure when I'll get to bed.
Have a good night!

3 comments:

  1. I talked to Pooldad about the dryer and he said: "If there is lint all the way to the outside discharge [vent] then there is probably a LOT of lint between the dryer and the outside vent." You should never have lint coming out of the vent on the outside. FAIL :)[Not you - your mom's boyfriend] - Anyway - check your lint screen to make sure it is clean and put in properly and make sure it has no holes in it - We don't know how long the discharge pipe is to the outside but you might want to have your son reach up in there from the outside and see if he can reach anything [dryer off obviously] or use a vacuum cleaner to see if you can suck the lint out, either from inside or out. Good trick is to put a piece of panty hose over the nozzle of the hose on the vacuum cleaner and that way if there is a lot it won't clog the hose. Just a thought.

    The cows? I hope they are all okay - but the idea of that poor state trooper trying to corral one is cracking me up. Hee. We definitely have the same sense of humor!

    Please try and get some sleep. Sweet dreams. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vaccuum is a good idea...I had to do that and it worked wonders...clothes that would be in the dryer for HOURS still wouldn't be dry beforehand. But afterwards, they would.

    I hope that's all it is - new things are so expensive! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a GREAT idea ladies! He actually came today and took the whole back off and worked on it some more, and said it will work this time. It didn't...

    haha, glad I'm not the only one that thought that was funny!!!! :) Now instead of saying "No use crying over spilt milk." I'm going to say "No use crying over spilled Cows!" LOL.

    ReplyDelete