Monday, May 24, 2010

A Hot Sunday

I am sweating right now as I write this! Even my cats look miserable! It got to a record 86 degrees here today. I'm telling you, the weather is crazy. It got to 82 about a month ago, then snowed the next week, then stayed in the 50s and 60s now all of a sudden it's going to be 88 all week... ugh. Even though it was a hot one, I had a great day :)

I want to thank Ordinary Girl for joining us here at My Day! It's always such a nice surprise to see another little picture over there :)

I don't want to spend to much time on yesterday... I really let myself down, and I'm not proud of it. I don't know what happened... the thing with my Gramma will be 3 years ago this October... and I have been doing so well for a long time. My Mother started talking to her again a couple months ago, so now I have to think about it sometimes... I just will never understand I guess. Never have any kind of closure so it will always hurt. She was the ONLY person that I could always count on and had never let me down... her and my Grampa that is. But now my Grampa is gone and she isn't that person anymore... she is totally changed and I have accepted that. I have accepted that she chose her sick and twisted daughter over her whole family. WE would have never made her choose, but her daughter Sherry did. Made her choose and she very clearly made the choice. Now, the longer time goes on, the less she will remember of the truth. She lives in Sherry World, and what ever Sherry says happened is truth to her now. If my Mom wants to talk to her, I told her I would never be mad at her for it. But if she gets to close, she WILL get hurt again. She acts like she knows this, but I don't know... I DO know that I will never talk to her for the rest of her miserable life, that way I am sure I will not be hurt again.
If anything, that all should be a motivation to stick with it and be a better me despite them. I will try and remember that... I'll try to just not think of them at all lol.
Thanks again for the comments yesterday, I was feeling pretty down. So that was really nice, thank you.

Now to today! I woke up at 6am and couldn't go back to sleep. Sunday is the only day I don't have to bring someone somewhere and I usually take full advantage lol. But I got up. I felt like cleaning (which is rare) so I did. A LOT.
I know that while I felt GREAT today, it was also a little manic... from an extreme low yesterday to an extreme high today. Don't get me started on how unnerving it is when I realize things like this and think "Dang... acting just like Mom..." but maybe that's how I keep it under control??? Seeing the signs and trying to calm down and asses the situation? So far so good.... Right now I feel normal :)

Here's My Day:
Breakfast: (100) 1/2 Iced coffee
Lunch: (377) Tuna Sandwich with 8 baby carrots and 1/2 tbs light ranch (all I had left. AHHH!), Water
Snack: (395) 18 yogurt raisins, .5 oz cinnamon almonds, .5 oz Almonds, 1/2 iced coffee
Dinner: (760) 2 bowls of taco salad made with taco hamburger helper (TOTAL: 1 1/2 cups, 10 tortilla chips, 1/4 cup cheddar, iceberg lettuce, 4 taco bell sauces) Water
Snack: (300) 2 Hershey's Toffee Almond Nuggets (my FAVORITE), 1 9.5 oz iced coffee
Snack: (28) 14 grapes, water
Total Water: 60 oz
Total Calories: 1960
Ran out of light ranch! I thought I had another one in the pantry, but I was WRONG... I guess now is as good a time as any to see it I can survive without it lol. Those Toffee almonds nuggets are my favorite candy, I have a bag in the house, and I only had 2. That's good... Now I have to continue to be good.
Treadmill: 30 minutes/ 1.12 miles
As I mentioned it was very hot. I honestly don't remember when in my life I sweat like that!!! If EVER!!! But when I was done, I felt great! :)

2 comments:

  1. House cleaning is great exercise. So that is a plus and a positive right there! Hang in there.

    Margie M. writes at:
    www.myhealthylivingthruweightcontrol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right about that! Thanks Margie :)

    ReplyDelete