Monday, May 3, 2010

Monday, A Little Better

First I have to say hello to the newest person to join me in my day, SkippyMom! I have seen this name since I FIRST started to read blogs back with Stacy's about 6 months ago, I'm so glad you visited mine :)

Also thank you AE, SkippyMom, Michaela, and Babe for your concern yesterday. That was so nice, I so appreciate it. I was feeling just AWEFUL. I have heard of heat stroke but didn't really realize what it was, I kept blaming Ray and breakfast :) I've been drinking a lot of water and using lots of aloe. I still feel pretty sick, and use the bathroom QUITE often, but no vomiting today. So that's a definite plus! I've had a head ache all day and just been laying around again. My face is starting to get less red, but also looking like it might peel, yuck :(  My chest is still very red and my arms too. I had to go to the store and get a prescription today, and let's just say I am so thankful for the drive through pick up! I look like a hot mess! lol, I am hopeful tomorrow will be better. I have no energy, I'm going to hurry it up and go to bed.

Today is Monday, time to weigh in again. The scale said...
That is down 0.8 since last Monday.
I would be happy with that, except I KNOW it's not accurate.
After the day and night I had, I expected to be down 5 pounds! Since I was only down .8, that tells me that I must have gained, if it weren't for being so sick I would definitely be up. So no Woo Hoo for me this week. We'll just have to wait and see what next Monday brings :)
Here's My Day:
Lunch: 1/2 sub, couple bites of chili cheese fries, 3 bites of my Italian pasta salad, water
Dinner: 1 slice of whole wheat toast with butter and peanut butter, 1/2 large apple, 3 oz chocolate milk
Total Water: 45 oz

I am trying to drink a lot of water, because I'm sure I should or I'd be dehydrated. But my stomach hurts and after I drink it I have to run to the bathroom... I should keep drinking though I guess... I didn't eat much for lunch, but what I did eat wasn't very good I know. I just did what was easy, because I just couldn't get myself to make anything. But tomorrow I will eat better even if I still feel like crap. Eating healthy would probably help anyway. If I have to I'll ask Ray to make me a bowl of soup :)

Oh, I have to mention that I slept right through the alarm this morning, and once up didn't feel like rushing or even leaving the house... so my son got to stay home, he was happy lol. I didn't have to go get Ray either, I had to bring him at 4am, but he found a ride home because he knew how bad I felt, so that was nice :)

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, you were pretty close to needing the hospital, it sounds like. You might try gatorade, cut in half with water, or even koolaid. You need salt, sugar, minerals. Keep up the water, and try to stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, Gatorade sounds like a great idea. Id love to bring you some toast with vegemite, but Im only about 20,000 miles away. And you probably would hate vegemite anyhow. Its just so yummy and salty when you have lost fluids! AE is totally right about the minerals, sugar etc. Take care, Tina. Hope u feel better real soon. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope you feel better soon. This will pass and you can soon focus on your goals more fully. In the meantime, don't worry about it and get a lot of rest.

    Margie M. writes at:
    www.myhealthylivingthruweightcontrol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so, so happy you are feeling better and you had some sleep [don't you love letting the kids play hooky, heehee - our Youngest is today so she can see her Grandma...shhh! don't tell!]

    Hey and .8 is a loss in anyone's book - and y'know you might be retaining water because of the heatstroke - your body might be trying to protect itself by keeping some of the water and therefore you have water weight gain instead of a loss from not eating. Just a thought, but I take the .8 and run! :)

    Hope Wednesday is even better - lots and lots of cream to combat the peeling and cool you off, 'kay? [and I love the drive thru too at the pharmacy - "hot mess" cracked me up!]

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for your concern, it really means a lot :)

    Thanks SkippyMom,
    Usually i would be totally fine with a .8 loss, but with all the time I spent in the bathroom- it didn't seem like I was retaining ANYTHING lol. But I'll hope you are right and I don't gain for Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete