Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tuesday- MUCH Better

Oh my goodness, I feel SO much better today. Not totally normal but GOOD. My face and chest are pealing :( It's pretty bad on my chest, I hope it all heals up all right! my stomach still feels a little funny but a lot better. I have been taking almost cold showers, and they seem to help. I slept pretty good last night! My skin isn't burning anymore, just uncomfortable where it is peeling. All in all I am pretty happy, I do feel so much better then the last few days. Especially Sunday, I look back- and I was in pretty bad shape...

GATORADE! Duh! Why didn't I think of that? That sounds like exactly what I needed! I still am not feeling quite normal, so maybe I'll get some tomorrow. I have no idea what vegemite is, I will have to google it :) BUT it's the thought that counts! :) 
Thank you all sooo much for your comments, it really means a lot to me. It's so nice to have people actually care about how you are doing!

Here's My Day:
Lunch: about 1/4 sub (ham, mushroom, mayo, pepperoni), about 1 cup of pasta salad, water
Snack: 1/2 tuna sandwich on whole wheat
Snack: bowl of strawberry mini wheats with 2% milk
Dinner: 1/2 small pan of chicken alfredo (one serving), 1 cheese stick, Salad with light ranch, cheddar and croutons, 6 oz mtn dew
Snack: about 3 slices of a large golden delicious apple
Total Water: about 45 oz
Life is trying to sabotage my weight loss I think. Me and Ray were driving home today, and he wants Burger King for lunch. I say "Ok, but I'm not getting any." With out even having to think about it! I was SO proud of myself! (That's the second time in about a week I said no while he had fast food!) So I'm planning on a tuna sandwich with carrot sticks and we get home... no power. Ugh! I only have an electric can opener, AND didn't want the fridge open longer then necessary since I didn't know when it would be back on. So I knew that the bowl of what was left of pasta salad was right on the top shelf with the rest of my sub on it. SO I grabbed it and that's what I had.
I was tired and took a nap, when I got up the power was on and I still wanted a tuna sandwich, so I had 1/2 of one.
By dinner I was feeling pretty worn out again and didn't feel like making anything, and what does my son have? A free personal pizza coupon from his school for Pizza Hut, for the reading program. It didn't take much, I gave in right away. So me and Ray got the pasta deal and he got his reading pizza. Online the nutrition info says "all natural chicken alfredo pasta" so that's something... maybe... no? lol, ok so it's fast food anyway, alright alright :)
While I'm not proud of what I ate today, I am proud of the portions.

Being worn out I think is just the heat stroke hanging around, but I feel SO much better today, I'm hoping I am 100% tomorrow :) I really have been taking it easy and not worrying to much about anything but feeling better (you can tell by what I ate and the state of my house right now...) but when biggest looser came on, I just didn't feel right sitting and watching it!!! (as you may know, EVERY Tuesday I watch The Biggest Looser and walk on the treadmill for my long "Biggest Looser Walk.") I felt... guilty! I was feeling pretty good and decided to just do a little bit. I ended up on it for a mile, and had to get off to run to the restroom. When I got back I could have got back on, but decided not to push it. It's not my 3.18 mile record from last week, but I'm fine with that. Back to normal next week! I was actually afraid it would be like starting all over having missed 3 days... but it was far from it! I was so relieved! I may have sweat more then usual, but I wasn't panting or anything :) Maybe it was an unrealistic fear that 3 days would ruin everything I had worked up to, but it was real for me!!!
Treadmill: 27 minutes/1.01 miles
Now, I am pretty warn out and up later then I have been the last few days. I have to get up at 3:35am and bring Ray to work, but then he has 2 days off, yay :) I need to get to bed. I think I will sleep very well tonight! :) I hope you all do too!

4 comments:

  1. Remember those Met Rx bars I told you about? That is EXACTLY why I keep them around. Also, another tip. Canned chicken and crackers. When I was in the police academy, we had 10 minute breaks twice during the day. But, that included lining up and letting the instructors chew us out for whatever, as well as being back in formation before the ten minutes was up. So, in my truck I kept canned chicken, crackers and forks. High protein energy for those times when I was desperately hungry. A bit salty, but with saltless crackers, not so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember. I don't ever go to Walmart, but I'm sure they sell them at our place too. (or something like it) I will have to check them out. Since I keep forgetting, I better add them to the list! I do have Fiber One and Fiber Plus bars, but it never even crossed my mind!

    The canned chicken is a good idea too.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad u r on the mend Tina! Vegemite is a salty black spread that Australians put on bread. Its based on Yeast. We love it, but u hafta grow up with it I guess. Take good care of yourself girl! I did 14km (about 7 miles?) on a stationary bike yesterday. I hated it. But hey, no pain no gain (i mean, loss...) xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you're doing better! And to say no to fast food the way you did (especially when it's in your car making everything smell good), is awesome! Keep going!

    The Babe
    scribblinginthemargin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete