Thursday, May 20, 2010

Went to the Buffet, and it was AWESOME!

Ray's Mom took us to our favorite restaurant. It's this Chinese place and it is the best... but for some reason, today it wasn't as good as it usually is :(  I don't know why, but the good thing about that is I ate less :) I ended up with 1 1/2 plates, but didn't finish either one, crazy right?!? lol.

Wanna know the awesome part? Ray's Mom said "Have you lost some weight???"
Now, at first in my head I was pissed off. Let me explain: Ray and her were at the table alone, he walks away and I come with my plate and she said that...
Ray knows how good it made me feel a few days ago when my mom noticed... so instead of believing she actually noticed, I thought he told her to say that! To make me feel good! I asked him a few times, and it was the first thing out of my mouth when she said it: "Did Ray tell you to say that to me!?!" haha! Talk about a psycho daughter in law LOL! When I realized she said it on her own I was very happy :) I was already happy with my mom and Ray noticing, and now I'm SUPER happy. For real, on cloud 9 :) I hadn't seen her since she came over for taco soup (a month ago at least). She had no idea that I was even trying to loose weight, and she noticed :) It feels great.
Here's My Day:
Breakfast: Nothing (wasn't hungry and knew we were going out for lunch)
Lunch: (1415) Abacus 1 1/2 plates, my best estimate: 3/4 cup egg/veggie fried rice, 1/2 cup broccoli chicken. 1/4 cup Mongolian beef, 2 egg roles, 5 crab rangoon with 1/8 cup sweet and sour sauce, 5 little pieces of chicken, 1 tiny piece of fish, 10 oz water, 1 fortune cookie, 2 little sweet... things
Snack:(26) .2 oz cinnamon almonds
Dinner: (89) left over carrots (about 20 cooked w a little honey), 1 bite of left over chicken helper, 1 cup 2% milk
Snack: (301) 4 yogurt raisins, .6 oz of cinnamon almonds, 9.5 oz iced coffee
Snack: (300) bowl of strawberry frosted mini wheats with 2% milk
Total Water: 50 oz
Total Calories: 2131
Wow, that's a lot of calories for lunch. I used what I could find on the internet for the same dishes (or similar ones) at different restaurants. I thought I did pretty good... but I guess not as well as I thought!

I bought my scale a while back. I actually have had it in the box all this time, thinking of taking it back to the store. I measure everything with cups and measuring spoons. Well, I finally used it when I started measuring these cinnamon almonds, yesterday or the day before, because it doesn't list the cups or tbs for them anywhere. The scale is pretty cool, I'm going to try and use it more often.

Didn't make it to the store today, you can tell because I'm drinking Ray's 2% milk LOL. Tomorrow for sure, and I'll stock up on fruits!

Treadmill: 30 minutes/ 1.1 miles   9 minutes of that with 2 LB weights
Ugh, tonight was one of my hardest on the treadmill. My legs are both pretty sore. Maybe the biggest looser walk? Maybe because I don't stretch? I don't know, but they hurt. On top of that it got to 80 degrees today! It's no fun walking on the treadmill when it's hot. But I did :) and even though it was hard, it felt great to be able to say I did it anyway. I went slower then usual because of my legs, but I went for 30 minutes and got a little more than my mile in. Woo Hoo!

3 comments:

  1. I had a terrible food day today. {sigh} It started out OK but went steadily downhill.
    Oh well, there is always tomorrow. ~LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job limiting the amount on your plate at the buffet. I know for a fact that it is very difficult for me. I always start out good and then....well.....

    Nice that another person noticed the difference in your size. It's all GOOD.

    Margie M.writes at:
    www.myhealthylivingthruweightcontrol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teresa, that's right. Don't give up because you aren't happy with today, just try tomorrow! Or even the rest of today :)

    Thanks Margie :) If only I would have stuck to ONE egg role and not had 5 crab rangoons... lol.

    ReplyDelete