Friday, May 7, 2010

Weigh In

Today was weigh in, and I had NO IDEA what to expect. Being sick and not eating much in the beginning of the week should have brought the weight down, but what I did eat wasn't the best choices... then there was the buffet yesterday! I hadn't weighed myself at all since Monday, so I really didn't know what would happen today...
The scale said...
I am happy with that :) Very happy.
That's one more pound lost this week, 34.2 lost Total.
I only got on the treadmill 3 times this week :(
So my weekly totals are: 1 hour 21 minutes/ 3.03 miles.
I checked and I had been on it EVERY day since Feb. 22.
That's 67 days without missing a day on the treadmill!
Oh, well. I can't help it if I got sick... I am still proud of the streak :)
Here's My Day:
Breakfast: (620) 2 eggs on 2 halves of a bagel with 2 slices of 2% Kraft cheese and 2 slices of turkey. 1 cup ff skim milk
Snack: (580) 2 peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, 1 1/2 cup ff skim milk
Dinner: (1210) 2 'double decker' style home made tacos, 1/2 cup rice with tomatoes and green chilies, 1/2 cup re fried beans, 6 oz Mtn Dew.
Snack: (100) strawberry sundae ice cream cup
Total Water: about 26 oz
10 oz Gatorade
Total Calories: 2510
A lot of calories today, and no fruits of veggies :( Also drank pop again... Not the best 'restart' day. I went to the store hungry, which is always a bad idea. My son was also there, so those two things are why I came home with some items I usually don't have in the house. Such as peanut butter chocolate chip cookies and Klondike Bars. He has NEVER had a Klondike bar and had to try one lol. I want one right now, but I had a lot of calories already today! AND ice cream too, so NO TINA!

Treadmill: 26 minutes/ 1 mile  5 minutes with 2 LB weights
Back to doing it EVERY day! That sale really threw me off huh? Getting heat stroke, ruining my 67 day streak on the treadmill, back to drinking pop... it wasn't worth $25 lol!

Can I ask you something??? When I look at my blog, I see pretty purple on the sides of it, maybe a little white fairy dust looking stuff...and I like it. When I was at my brothers it looked totally different. Everything on the screen was smaller and I was able to see these silver stripes along the sides of my page too... and I thought they made it look VERY ugly. When you look at my blog do you see those stripes?!?!?! I don't now that I'm home... but I don't like that they are there, even if I can't see them!!! Let me know k? Thanks :)

5 comments:

  1. I see the stripes, and the purple, and the white dust.
    Don't know if I told you, but one of the things I did to help get off soda was, well, I have to back up. You know my water trick, 20 oz with each meal before any other beverage? So, when I first started that, I had to "cheat" once in a while. I'd get my water, and add 1-2 tablespoons of lemon or lime juice, and a few packets of Splenda. No calories, or so very few as not to matter, and just enough sweetness to satisfy my soda craving. It helped me stay away from the pop. Now, I have one very rarely, but just like fast food, it is a treat, rather than a convenience.

    Good job, getting back to the treadmill! I have been looking around, trying to find a good one used. Saw one last week, never used for $150! Didn't have the money, and it was gone within two days, by the time I had the money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Babe, Yes I can see silver stripes, but also purple vines and stardust. It looks fine to me, although I get that you dont want the stripes...Woo-hoo on the continued weight loss!!! Yay for you! We drink sugar-free soda like Sprite Zero and Pepsi Max. Are those available where you live? Also, we only drink them on the weekends. We drink water with meals, and diet Kool-aid in between. I dont know how I would manage without diet Kool-aid... xxxooo Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is a good idea Bryon, with the water. Aw :( sorry you missed out on that deal with the treadmill! Keep your eyes open, maybe you will get lucky! Does everywhere have 'Craigslist?' Maybe you could find one on there! Truth be told, we used Ray's income tax on ours in April 2008, it was $800 brand new from MC Sports. Now that it's not collecting dust and I've lost 34 pounds, I'd say it was worth every penny!

    Thanks Michaela!
    I was drinking diet pop in the beginning of last year, and it just doesn't agree with me. I don't know what it is, but I would get stomach aches and feel more hungry after I drank it... never tried Pepsi max though... I am going to try and quit now. If I can't both of these are good ideas and I will try them.

    Thank you both for answering me about the stripes... bummer, lol. I don't like them but I can't see them either... I'll see if there is anything else I like better maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tina...I, too, can see the stripes but they look nice.

    Don't buy soda for the house. Only have it when you go out. That works for me.

    Margie M. writes at:
    www.myhealthylivingthruweightcontrol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Margie M.
    Just not buying it makes PERFECT sense, and that's how I stay away from other trigger type snacks and foods... but it doesn't work with Mtn Dew. Ray drinks a 2 liter a day and it is ALWAYS in the house. I usually do really well when I go out and just order water, but I have been giving into pop to much at home lately...

    ReplyDelete