Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Bright New Day

Do you know what I would have done if not for this blog? After my huge disaster of a day yesterday, I'll tell you exactly what I WOULD have done. I would have said "Oh well, I'll start fresh on Monday." and then I would eat like a pig all weekend, and when Monday came I would say "I really messed up- I'll start again on the first of the month..." and so on and so on. I have done that SOOO many times. BUT NOT THIS TIME!
I think I took it so hard yesterday, because I have had so many bad days leading up to that- and I should have stopped it before it got that out of hand. But I am not going to dwell on it, I am going to consider myself lucky that I went a whole 2 months and 16 days without a complete binge like that! Now to do my best to make sure it doesn't happen again!

It is another beautiful day and I have the same hope and excitement I did on January 1st 2010, that I really am going to change my life. There will be bumps in the road, and It's up to me to get over those bumps :)

This is Miya, enjoying today's sunshine
Back to THE PLAN!!!!!
1. JUST ONE
2. NO POP       
3. LOTS OF WATER   
4. ADDING HEALTHIER FOODS TO MY DIET.   
5. WALK

Tessa is totally right when she says I eat to many carbs. While you probably know, I am against depriving myself of the things I love, but I NEED to eat less of them. I thought of Tessa's comment this morning when I went for that bagel. My JUST ONE rule, can also be JUST HALF when it comes to some things :) SO I had half the bagel.
My "Days of Our Lives Walking Plan" has not been working out. I am always busy, or eating lunch, or JUST had lunch and don't end up on the treadmill during the show. So I end up on it at about 8pm, doing it just to get it over with. BUT I think I will try something new. I'll still get on it in the evening, to do my Mandatory 20 minutes, but also try to get on it through out the day, even if for 10 minutes at a time. We'll see how this works out :)
Here's My Day:
Breakfast: (310) 1/2 bagel with 1 tbs cream cheese. 8 oz orange juice
Lunch: (460) 9 tortilla chips with left over taco meat&beans, 1/8 cup cheddar, salsa. Romain salad with 1 tbs light ranch, 1/8 cup cheddar. water
Snack: (67) 1 bite of that apple pie
Snack: (46) 23 Red Grapes
Dinner: (387) very little bit of leftover taco meat&beans, 1/8 cup cheddar, salsa with 4 tortilla chips. Romain and carrot salad with 1 tbs light ranch, 1/8 cup cheddar, 2 tbs croutons. Water
Snack: (160) Apple with 1/2 of a single serving caramel dip
Snack: (200) about 1 cup of MultiGrain Cheerios with about 1 cup of FF skim milk
Total Water Today: 55 oz
Total Calories Today: 1630
There is definitely room for improvement, but I did ok. The best thing to do would have been to stay away from the evil delicious taco stuff- BUT with the family heating up leftovers, I guess it was to hard for me. I only had a little though, and I'm happy with that :)
Treadmill Total Today: 35 Minutes/1.16 miles
(15 minutes/.5 mile, 20 minutes/.66 mile)

OK, I am refocused, and excited to continue on my journey! I want to thank everybody for your comments. You are so nice and so supportive. I know this journey is definitely up hill (I should say Up-Mountain) but I really do believe having this blog and people to support me is making the climb so much easier then it ever was before. Thank you so much.
Tomorrow is my weigh in day. I am pretty nervous... but no matter what happens I won't let it get me down!

5 comments:

  1. Going up-mountain could be very good exercise. That is the good part about it. Keep trying to improve. I am a firm believer in the NEVER GIVE UP theory. If you give up, you never get anywhere.

    Good luck!!

    Margie M. writes at:
    www.myhealthylivingthruweightcontrol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day Tina. I understand not wanting to give up the foods you love but by now I'm sure you have figured out that food addicts love all kinds of food. I had to learn that it was ok to give up some things in order to be able to do what I have to do. I know I can always have them if I really want them but now I always ask myself do I really need them. I had posted on my blog about the lady that wanted to weigh 1000 pounds so last night I decided to check out her sight. All I can say is that it truly motivated me to get my weight down because the pictures of those women are absolutely disgusting. I can't believe that women would degrade themselves so much to have those pictures taken never mind post them on the internet. Truly sickening. Glad you had a good day, job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Margie! You are so right.
    Thanks Tessa! Oh, I know- that lady is unbelievable! I read an article on her the other day... sad.
    I know what you mean, I SHOULD give somethings up that are unhealthy for me. I guess I just don't have the strength for that- YET. Just cutting way down is what I can do now. I DID give up my cheddar Chex mix though :) I can not eat it without eating the whole dang bag, so I had to. I also have given up pop, but I have relapsed a few times with that... it is so hard! Thanks for your encouragement Tessa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this one. I think it's easy to forget that we all struggle like this. The best of us do what you are doing right now--keep on keepin' on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Babe! and thank you for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete