Sunday, March 28, 2010

Weekend...almost....over...

It's Sunday, so tomorrow is weigh in for Tessa's Challenge. I have to be good today!!!
Today also starts my NO FAST FOOD for a week goal. I know I can do it :) My fiance heated up leftovers for lunch, and is smelled SOOO good. I didn't even want it though... well kind of... but it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. There is still more left, but I know I can leave it alone :)

Here's My Day:
Breakfast: (200) Beaumont Iced coffee 9.5 oz- Mocha
Lunch: (388) Tuna Sandwich(1 can tuna, 1tbs miracle whip, 1/8 cup sharp cheddar, hot pepper rings on whole wheat toast) 5 baby carrots, 1 tbs light ranch. Water
Snack: (140) Fiber Plus Bar- Dark Chocolate Almond. Water. 1 slice of an apple (my sons)
Drink: (110) 8 oz of V8 Fusion
Dinner: (710) 2 chicken tacos(one hard shell one tortilla) with lettuce, cheese, salsa. about 1/2 cup of re fried beans, 1 1/2 cup of FF skim milk
Total Water: 50 oz
Total Calories: 1548

We had left over shells (and always have tortillas) from last taco night. If you remember, it was my total taco binge... oh the horror.... anyway lol. I have a lot of chicken I got on sale last week so I decided to boil it, shred it and make it with taco seasoning. It came out pretty good, but not as good as beef. Maybe that helped me control myself. That and the fact that I didn't want a repeat of the last taco night!!! ALSO, I used my pizza rule :) ONE taco on the plate. To have another I had to get up, prepare it and sit back down and eat it. After that I was actually full :)

Treadmill: 21 minutes/ .70 mile    5 min of that with 2 LB weights
Crunches: 110 (50, 15, 15, 15, 15)
Extra Exercise: 30 non-jumping jacks with 2 LB weights

We had a scare today.
I was going to have my mother in law(fiance's mom) over for some taco soup tonight. We got a call that she had called another of her sons to come get her from church because she wasn't feeling well. He knew it was bad if she was going to leave her car there, he went to get her. When he got there she was already in an ambulance, her speech was slurred and they were taking her to the hospital. We were so scared. I thought she had a heart attack.
She was only at the hospital for about 1/2 an hour and they sent her home. It was her diabetes! She hasn't been taking care of herself as well as she should be I guess, and her blood sugar was to high...
Thankfully she is fine now, she ate and was going to take a nap. She is just really tired so we'll make her dinner another day... I'm just so glad she is ok.
It makes me think though, I JUST mentioned Friday how I am afraid I might have diabetes or be getting close, and then this happens... it's the first time she has had problems really, NEVER had to go to the hospital before... My fiance is 29, and he was sitting here terrified he might loose his mother... If I don't stick with this, and make more changes to improve my health, my son will get a call just like that. Except it could be worse... and he will probably be younger then 29.
I have lost 27 pounds so far and am more determined then ever to stick with this and really change my life.

3 comments:

  1. First of all, I'm glad your future MIL is OK after the trip to the hospital! Good news.

    This could be a wake-up call for you as far as a Diabetes scare is concerned. Diabetes is no easy disease to manage in some cases. 27 lbs. is GREAT so far and I think you can keep right on knocking those pounds off!

    Margie M. writes at:
    www.myhealthylivingthruweightcontrol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad she is going to be ok. Diabetes is a horrid diease, my hubby has it so we live with that constant fear each day. He has been on diability now for almost 2 years and it does not look good for him ever returning to work. You are so on target with worrying about the possibility of having it. I have a family history of diabetes so am always wondering and know that it wouldn't take much to push me over the line. We don't realize just how harmful a few extra pounds can be for us. 27 pounds is a great lose and for those of us that have more to lose that is fantastic. It's amazing how much better we feel even after just a 10 pound lose. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much. I haven't talked to her yet today, but I'm sure after a good nights rest she is feeling much better. I do feel like I have been woke up this week. Between the show I saw Friday, and this yesterday, It just really makes me think. It makes me even more certain that I HAVE to stick with this.
    I have a lot more to loose but I am proud of my 27 pounds :) I have never lost this much before and I feel so much better already!!!
    Thanks again for your support!

    ReplyDelete