Saturday, March 20, 2010

Gloomy... the Day. NOT me :)

'Spring is Here' my a**!
I took a few pictures of the birds out side today, couldn't decide which one
to post, so you get all 3 lol. Even though it is gloomy out, I am surprisingly happy today :)
I got up this morning at 3:35 and brought my fiance to work. I had put off grocery shopping all week, and decided to stay up and go at 6am. I had a lot to get and he always comes with me, but I was thinking of how much better I feel and that I could probably handle it myself. I was also thinking of all the calories it would burn (walking all over the store, packing it all up, putting it all in the car, bringing it all in the house, scanning it all for NCP, putting it all away) and now I'm proud of my self. Within the last 2 years or so, I don't ever make big shopping trips with out him, because I get out of breath, my back kills me, I even get sweaty just loading it all up onto the belt! But today I did it ALL by myself and I was fine :) I was a little hot, and a little out of breath after carrying it all in, but I'm good :) I wasn't sweaty and My back doesn't hurt at all!!! Now when he gets out of work he won't have to help me :)

I got lots of good healthy stuff at the store. I got through the whole loaf of wheat bread, and you know what? It wasn't THAT bad :) I bought a new loaf today, I think I might like it better. It took me along time to pick it out at the store, it has no artificial anything (which I just thought all wheat bread was like that, but I was wrong) and compared to the other loaf I had it looks healthier. It's Arnold brand. I couldn't find any that had more then 3 grams of fiber per 2 slices though... and once I got it home I noticed it is higher in calories then the other one. 65 per slice. So I don't know... I got other healthy stuff too: Lots of Fruits and some Veggies, yogurt, and some Irish Cream wine... wait what? lol
THIS is the first robin I've seen this year.
The poor thing!!!

A quick note about "Spring." When I got out of the store, it was snowing :( yuck! and it snowed ALL DAY! It was just 64 degrees 2 days ago, and right now it is 31. I had to turn my heat back on! Ugh! Why do I live in Michigan again??? Oh yeah... mom, brothers and in laws.... grumble grumble... stupid family.... LOL! Just kidding about that last part! haha, good thing they don't read this...
The Cardinals don't seem to mind
Here's My Day:
Snack @4am: (90) Special K Bar- Vanilla Crisp, Water
Breakfast: (242) 1/2 bagel with 1 oz cream cheese, 2 large strawberries, Water
Lunch: (451) Tuna Sandwich(1 can, about 1/4 cup sharp cheddar, 1 tbs miracle whip on whole wheat toast) with hot pepper rings, 8 baby carrots with 1 tbs light ranch, Water
Dinner: (627) Leftovers- 1 slice of tomato pepperoni pizza, 1 small cheese stick, Romain and Spinach Salad with about 1/4 cup sharp cheddar, 1 tbs light ranch, 3 tbs croutons
Snack: (200) the rest of that apple pie, which was about 1/2 of it.
Snack: (310) 1 1/2 cup of Cocoa Puffs with 1 cup FF skim milk    I know, not the best choice- but you know what they say! I'm cuckoo for... ah never mind. That was lame, sorry. I think I'm overly tired. Going to bed LOL.
Total Water: 48 oz
Total Calories: 1920
I want to let you know I passed on McDonalds today. Even though an egg McMuffin and a Frappe sounded SOOO good... I had already had breakfast and knew I didn't NEED it. So I said no :) go me!
Treadmill: 20 minutes/.67 mile
Crunches: 100

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tina, wow I love the pictures. It's been nice here for a couple of weeks now but I still haven't seen the robins. Wow, you had quite a day. You are doing your baby steps at a slow run, good for you. Giving up something is always hard but you did it, way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love reading about people's good days! :) They're always inspiring. I hope the rest of the week goes well!!! keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. Sorry the weather isn't the best but that your mood was still good. Great job passing up the McDonalds too. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so all so much for your encouragement!
    I LOVE taking pictures, I've just started posting them because my camera is working, kind of lol. I have to get it fixed or get a new one, keeping my fingers crossed that it last till I do one or the other!
    Hopefully the weather will turn back into spring in a week or so!!!

    ReplyDelete