Sunday, March 7, 2010

Counting Calories

This morning I woke up starving. WHY? I ate like a pig yesterday and I shouldn't have been hungry at all right. Well I was. My fiance made us breakfast and I asked for ONE of everything but of course he made me 2... Why? I don't have a clue. But you guessed it- I ate both eggs and 2 pieces of toast anyway! Ugh.

Even though I have not been doing great with my eating lately, including today- I am not going to let that get me down. I am going to make the best of the rest of my day, and stop eating so much RIGHT NOW! Tomorrow will be better :)

I don't count calories, but maybe I should start... I just don't know if it's something I will stick to... but I'll try it out. Maybe I'll do it this week and see how it goes, no promises though! I am NOT a quitter, but here's a heads up- if I find this to be to much, I won't keep doing it lol. It doesn't fit into my baby steps, trying to change a little at a time, but I will give it a try- maybe it won't be as difficult as I think! :) I'm not setting a certain calorie goal, like trying to stay within a certain range or trying to get down to 1500 a day, because I would NEVER stick with it... not now anyway. It is mostly because I am curious about how much I am actually consuming. Wish me luck! lol.

Here's My Day:
Breakfast: (600 Calories) 2 eggs, 1 sausage patty, 2 slices of Whole Wheat Toast, about 1 tbs butter, about 8 oz of Orange Juice.
Snack: (34 calories) 1 bite of ice cream- Deans Fanny May Mint Melt away
Lunch: (649 calories) A spinach and Romain Salad with 4 grape tomatoes, 1/4 cup of cheddar, 1 tbs light ranch, 8 croutons. 1 small piece of leftover BBQ chicken pizza, 1/2 a bread stick, 1/2 can Mtn Dew.
Dinner: (977 calories) Cheeseburger with bun, olives, natural ketchup, and lettuce. 1/2 cup baked beans, 1/2 cup of macaroni salad, sour cream & cheddar chips, Water
Snack: (170) 1/2 cup of Mint Melt away ice cream
Total Calories For Today: 2430
Total Water for Today: 58 oz

Treadmill: 30 minutes (1 mile)
Well, I learned a couple things already! I always count my croutons, but the calories are based on tbs... AS IF croutons fit in a tablespoon!!! Macaroni salad has 330 calories per 1/2 cup, and I didn't even like it! So I'm going to throw it out, since no one else eats it. (If I don't throw it out RIGHT NOW I will end up eating it so it doesn't go to waste!)The good things I learned are: A serving of ranch is 2 tbs so I have been having 1/2 the calories I thought I was with that. Also, My wheat bread is 110 calories per 2 slices, so that is half the calories I thought it was too! So that's cool. I will have to fix yesterday's post if I wrote 110 calories per slice...
To make it easier for myself, i am making a list. Everything I find the calories for, is on my list so I will have it right in front of me :) Also I found a Calorie Counter Database http://caloriecount.about.com/ and that will really help me with this. It didn't have Vitale's... but it does have a lot! Maybe this counting calories stuff won't be so bad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment