Friday, March 19, 2010

The WEIGH IN and the NEW SCALE

First I want to thank Laura and Bariatric Babe for joining me in My Day! What a nice surprise! It's so great that we all support each other, and that even though we are all so different, we are all so alike  :) We all have different amounts to loose. And we may be going about it in different ways, but each way has it's own struggles and we all have the same common goal. To loose this weight! For GOOD! Speaking of loosing weight...
I LOST 2.6 POUNDS!
That's 23.6 pounds so far- Woooo Hoooo!
If you have seen my week at all, you know I messed up. A LOT. A lot of little mess ups leading to my all out Taco night binge. And still managed to loose 2.6 pounds! That shows you how bad it USED to be. I went back and looked at Wednesday... I didn't want to, but I did. Now, while today it looks like a binge to me, Before 2010 that is EXACTLY how I would have eaten on a night I made tacos, and I wouldn't have thought twice about it!!! There were plenty of times when I ate MORE then that!!!
Make NO mistake, this is not an excuse for my actions (there is NO excuse for eating that much) but I just want you to know that I have come very far. For me to think that is a binge now, and a regular day back then... It has only been 3 months and 19 days and I already think a lot differently. Of course I have a LONG way to go, but I'm getting there.

SLOWLY BUT SURELY. I know some people look at my daily menu and probably see all kinds of mistakes, and wonder why I'm eating so much, ect. BUT I really have come a long way already. I HAVE made changes, and my goal is to make the changes slowly. Make changes I can live with for the rest of my life, and slowly improve those. If I try to change to much all at once- I KNOW I will get overwhelmed and FAIL ONCE AGAIN. So it is baby steps for me.
I love getting comments, all are welcome and appreciated. The advise too, I need all the help I can get! And I really do think about each and every comment, and consider every suggestions and do what I can. I know Tessa is concerned about my carbs, and I welcome that! It's good for me to hear these wonderful suggestions, but please don't be offended if I don't follow them right away :) Like I said BABY STEPS. Cutting out carbs would be impossible for me right now, but I have made positive changes. I switched to nasty 100 % whole wheat bread for one, LOL. That in itself has me eating less bread LOL. I always measure out my cereal now, instead of cramming as much I can into the bowl. I also NEVER eat chips with sandwiches anymore, if you've noticed I always eat baby carrots instead. Fruits and vegetables were pretty much non existent for me... While these changes may not seem like much to some, they are a lot to me. I continue to loose every week, so making the changes slowly is working for me, better then anything before.
LOL, sorry about rambling there. I had other things I wanted to talk about too! School food, that giant crazy lady, and more LOL. But I'll save it, as I've kept you long enough!!!!

Here's My Day:
Breakfast: (480) 1 egg, 1 slice whole wheat toast (NO butter), 1/8 cup cheddar, salsa, 1 sausage patty, 8oz Orange Juice
Lunch: Nothing (Was napping... a no no)
Snack: (130) Kellogg's Fiber Plus Bar- Dark Chocolate Almond. Water
Dinner: (1167) Papa John's- 2 medium slices of pizza(1pepperoni&tomato, 1cheese) with 1 serving of garlic sauce, 3 small cheese sticks with 1 serving of pizza sauce, 8 oz of Coke, Water
Total Water: 40 oz
Total Calories: 1777
Man, I started the day off well with JUST ONE, but completly forgot that rule for dinner! AND broke my NO POP rule! Ugh, the weekend... I'll have to really do better though, so I don't gain for Tessa's weigh in!
Treadmill: 20 minutes/.69 mile
Here are my Totals for this week:
Treadmill: 3 Hours 44 Minutes/ 7.85 Miles
Crunches: 100
The old Scale...

It's Funny how I am FINALLY under the 300 pound limit...
and I go and get a new one! LOL.
I have to mention my new scale. It shows me 3 pounds Heavier then my old one (above) which sucks, but oh well. I think the new one is accurate, so whatever. It is what it is. So I will have to change my starting weight from 317 to 320. And so last week I really weighed 299 instead of 296 :(
I'm going to keep my weigh ins on Fridays, but I will have another weigh in on Monday for Tessa's challenge. Maybe weighing in twice a week will be good for me? We will see! Since I got my new scale on Monday, I used it to weigh in for Tessa, so that is all accurate- no need to add 3 pounds- Thank goodness!!! Even though I lost 2.6 pounds since MY last weigh in, I am only down .2 since my weigh in for Tessa. I'll have to be really good over the dreaded weekend!!! I hope that all makes sense...

OH!!! One more thing! Most of you probably already read Tyler's blog 344pounds, but if you haven't- you really should check it out today. He has a GREAT list of weight loss tips. I already do some of them. I have heard most of them, BUT it's funny how we forget! It was a good reminder!!!

3 comments:

  1. Tina, congrats on the lose. Yes, baby steps for all of us. I know exactly how hard it is to give up the old habits. We didn't get this way without bad habits but if we break them one at a time we will succeed. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh...cool new scale! I wish I could get one over here. I can never actually tell how much I weigh on the one they use here. It's like your original scale - not electronic...so it's hard to figure out exactly which little line the needle thing is on! heh, sometimes that's a good thing and I round down heheh but yeah. I'm definitely going to see if they sell any electronic scales here so I can actually see what number i am! Oh, and I hope you stick with the whole wheat bread!! hehe. but i'm glad it's caused you to eat less simply because you don't like it! hahah. that was funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tessa!
    lol Jenny. I think I will stick with the wheat bread, I got through the whole loaf, and it really isn't THAT bad :) today I bought a new one! I am trying a different brand, maybe I'll like it even better.

    ReplyDelete