Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Think Spring!

Happy St Patrick's Day!
My son got home from school today and told me he saw a Robin. :) The first signs of spring! It is so nice and sunny today, I wish everyday could be like this. It got to about 63 degrees and it's beautiful, BUT this is Michigan and they are calling for snow over the weekend. Boo hoo. Hopefully they are wrong!

I have to tell you, I think a key part in my weight loss is going to bed at night and staying on some kind of schedule(which can be very hard for me). Most of my over eating used to happen at night when I was the only one up. Well- last night I stayed up WAY to late. I ended up hungry, and had a big bowl of cereal, which wasn't sooo bad. But then I grabbed an apple fruit pie... NOT a good thing. I took a couple bites and thought "What am I doing??? I have to write this down on my blog, I'm in a weight loss challenge... WHAT am I doing?" so I put it back in the box and in the fridge :) Damage was already done, but 1/3 of the thing is better then all of it...

Today I hurt myself :( Not from walking, crunches, or even housework. All I did was turn to hit the light switch, and that did it. Ever since, if I turn wrong or bend at all it shoots a pain up my back. My fiance thinks it is a pinched nerve, I don't know- I just hope it goes away FAST. I'm probably going to be able to walk the treadmill, but crunches are out for today (those didn't last long LOL)

Here's My Day:
Snack @1:15am: (488) about 1 1/2 cups of Special K- Vanilla Almond with 1 1/2 cups FF skim milk, and 1/3 Apple Fruit Pie (those single serving empanada shaped things)
Breakfast: Nothing
Drink: (85) 1/2 can Mtn Dew
Lunch: (391) Tuna Sandwich (1 can, 1tbs miracle whip, 1/8 cup cheddar, hot pepper rings) on whole wheat toast, 6 baby carrots with 1 tbs light ranch
Snack: (55) small apple
Dinner: (1230) 2 'double decker' style tacos(tortilla, hard shell, cheese, salsa, beans) with 1 tbs sour cream. 1/4 cup re fried beans, 1/2 can Mtn Dew
Snack: (370) 6 tortilla chips w leftover taco meat, beans and salsa. 1/2 can Mtn Dew
Total Water Today: Only 22 oz so far, will try to drink more though
Total Calories Today: 2619
Oh wow, I really messed up with the tacos. I have no reason or excuses- I just totally went overboard. Way Over Board. Ugh. I have to get back to my JUST ONE rule- which I haven't followed in a few weeks it seems like. Then to top it off, I had it for snack too.... Uggghhhh. And a can and a 1/2 of Mtn Dew! That is the most I've had in a day since 2009!!! UGHHHHH! It's seems like I have been messing up ALL the time, like every day... UUUGGGGHHHHHHH. I had such a nice day, then completely ruined it... not a great way to start off a weight loss challenge, that's for sure!!!
Treadmill: 20 minutes (.68 mile)

OOPS! Sorry Tessa. I've been staying up way to late, and it looks like last nights post was 6 minutes TO late lol. You made sense- :) I know what you mean.
It says the time at the bottom, in case I confuse you. BUT it shouldn't be a problem- I will definitely try and post earlier for you. It will be better for me too, since staying up to late messes up my whole system anyway! Sorry about that.

2 comments:

  1. I understand what having a bad day can be like. As I read your food lists I see more and more that you are like I once was. I used to be a "Carb Queen", if it wasn't loaded with carbs I didn't think it could taste good. I have since found out that I can and do live without bread for the most part and boxed cereals don't exist for me. They are automatic triggers for me. Even the pizza I had to today set off a craving for more carbs and it was really hard to resist. Take a really good look at what you are going to eat before you do and I think you will be surprised to see a lot of carbs. Try substituting fresh veggies for just once serving of carbs per day and I think you will see a shift in your bad days as well. Carbs make me really depressed. But on a lighter note you did blog even though you had a bad day and for that you get an "attagirl" cuz that takes courage. Hang in there we are here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Tessa. That attagirl really means a lot to me :) and knowing you are there, really makes me want to do better!
    (not to mention $100 LOL)

    ReplyDelete